Saturday 6 January 2018

6/1/2018

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

We are already finishing the first week of the month, time has started to fly by already.
I have been busy working on the nose and the mouth, and filling in on other areas as I get to them.
Hopefully by next week there will be more to see.


                                                                  






Having just had a birthday recently. The big 70, I started to think back on my life, and how fortunate I have been. Experiences, travel and life, whereas  a lot of people have never even left the town they were born in.
I went out to Africa with my parents, as my father worked for the British government, as a mechanical supervisor for the heavy machinery that was  used for building roads and bridges etc.
What it must have been like for them I can only imagine, I was only a toddler. Leaving the country you know to live in some far off not really known country at that time.
Our first house was nothing like an english built one. This was bricks and plaster, metal roof and the old wooden shed at the bottom of the garden, with a wooden box making a seat over the big hole underneath. This was the toilet. The old thunder box as they were known . One night my mum stayed in there all night as a leopard was prowling around outside, and even with calling out, she was stuck in there until someone heard her .All she could hear was the pad of feet and the soft growl as the leopard prowled outside. Thankfully it was a rare occassion!


 

 Just had to put my painting of a leopard on!


Click on any picture to enlarge it.

                   Wishing you all a good week and look forward to seeing you next week, catch up on some more life abroad.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment