Saturday 27 January 2018

27/1/2018

I have now given the picture of  'Julie' a lovely dog to the clients who commissioned me to do her portrait.

                                           
 The completed picture.


                                                



          And in it's frame.










This week it was back to my other picture of the 'Magpies' in the woods. Blossom's and blossom's and loads of leaves to do before I even reach the birds.

                                                                 


                                                                       



Nothing can be so exciting as a giraffe walking over to your car and poking it's head in the open top. We could feel the breath from this one, and this was out in the wild.Those large beautiful eyes with sweeping eyelashes, not to mention that long tongue. Felt I was about to get the kiss of life!
                                                                 





And the little ones, you just have to fall in love with them.




Such beautiful and graceful creatures.  As a child I was fascinated by these creature with their long necks and funny ways of bending  and spreading out their legs to drink at the riverside. But these docile looking animals can sure kick and maim each other when in a fight.


                                                                       'It's been a long hot day'


    

I know that after having lived most of my childhood life, I was lucky enough to have a couple of holidays back to our tramping grounds. It made me appreciate the wildlife even more and just how lucky I was to have lived out in Africa.


                        
 My painting of Mum and Babe.


Wishing you all a safe and happy week. see you next time

Click on any picture to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment