Saturday 20 January 2018

20/1/2018

I have now finished my commissioned picture of 'Julie'. The background filled in and the tweaking around done.
Sorry I am not posting it on this weeks blog, but I  am waiting to see if the clients are happy with the picture first.
Now it is back to the magpies in the trees. I have done a little on this picture but will be at it again this week.


                               
                                






Childhood memories that I can remember from when we lived out in Africa.
At that time when there were not so many bridges around, or ones that my father was involved in, we would occasionally cross the river by canoe. For me as a child this was great fun, not sure that my parents thought that, especially my mother. She would have always preferred the manual pulled along ferry, but that was not always possible.

                                                                     


  Sorry no picture of us in a canoe.



This could be very dangerous when hoping not to come across the hippo's. Nothing like having one pop it's head up by the side of the canoe to rock you, and hopefully not overturn the boat. More people are killed by hippo than with lion or other animals, but having said that, buffalo are animals to be given a wide berth.
Hippo's are most dangerous when separated from their young. We had a friend whose young son was killed whilst playing in the shallow waters of a river coming off from the lake. He got in between the mother and her calf  and obviously was a threat, so the hippo attacked and killed the boy.


                                                                         
                                                
                                                      My painting of the hippo's

Wishing you all a good week and do catch up with me next week.

Click on any picture to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment